Re: :0fhb?

1997-09-20 13:34:40
Luke Davis wrote,

| If finally worked, if I used "-k" on the end of that formail line above,
| so I just did that and did away with the "b"s and "h"s.

If you invoke formail with -r, -x, or -X among the options, it will drop the
body unless you also use -k.

One solution, as Luke saw, if you want to keep the body (usually with those
options you do want to drop the body), is to use formail's -k option; on a
filtering recipe, a preferably method is to filter only the head (so that the
body stays untouched).  It's an anomaly, because

 :0fh
 | formail -[xXr] # with or without -k

keeps the body while

 :0f # hb is implicit if neither h nor b is mentioned
 | formail -[xXr] # without -k

loses the body.  That is just the opposite of recipes that save or pipe
rather than filtering, where `h' without `b' would drop the body but using
neither (or both) would preserve it.