Re: Recipe Failure

1997-09-24 14:52:47
On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 bts8(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com wrote:

I have a recipe that seems to choke only about 5% of the time.  The rest
of the time it seems to work perfectly.  I added a line to the recipe to
check for the host name of the machine delivering the mail.  I now know
that mail.netcom.com is the machine that chokes on my recipe.  It uses
the same sendmail daemon (8.8.5-r-beta) that the other mail delivery
machines use.

The recipe is:

LOG="$HOST
"

procmail: Program failure (-15) of "/u5/bts8/bin/grep"

Does anyone know where to look next or what to change to fix this problem?
It's not a critical problem, just one that annoys the heck out of me.
Thanks!

Its Netcom.  For whatever reason each of the machines (I think there are
eleven for shell users) used to deliver mail do not have the same
priveleges.  So what works on most of them, won't on a couple of others.
And complaints to Netcom for over a year about this have gone unanswered,
if you discount continued degradations of service.

--
Wiker's Law:
        Government expands to absorb revenue and then some.