Re: Lyons is right: Biow's a bozo

1997-09-29 12:21:59
On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, David W. Tamkin wrote:

:Just a few more examples of why whitelisting is a
:shortsighted move and a bad policy.  It is one thing to
:give extra priority to mail from known friends;  it is
:quite another to assume that all unrecognized senders are
:spammers.

Well, I would not indict whitelisting in this case - had he
whitelisted the procmail mailing list at the beginning of
his .procmailrc (as I do) then the bounce wouldn't have
happened. Of course, whitelisting the mailing list means
that you would have to receive spam posted to the list, but
that is so rare that I prefer to whitelist the mailing list
and not worry about annoying everyone with bounces. I agree
that one shouldn't assume that all unrecognized senders are
spammers.

By the way, my bozo remark was an attempt at humor. I don't
know Mr. Biow and would not actually presume to judge on his
bozo nature.

--
revjack(_at_)radix(_dot_)net