Re: domain list

1997-10-01 13:02:09
At 02:11 PM 10/1/97 PDT, Derald Muniz wrote:

of the domains in the domain.list file.  If there is no match, dump the
mail in /Spam.

I think that I am on the wrong track here and would appreciate any help.

It isn't so much the recipe that would be the reason for you being on the
wrong track as it is the very principle of the filtering.  Take for example
the messages you get from the procmail list.  Look at them closely.
Compare your filtering to the message.  What do you see?

Your domain doesn't appear in the to or cc, nor does it appear in the from.

Know what this means?  The procmail messages will be filed as spam.

Most lists work this way, so generally, you can consider most all list mail
to be filed off as spam as well.  Especially if you're doing this operation
as a global filter, which takes place before any individual user can filter.

Essentially, anyone being bcc'd on a message would never get it.  Dunno
about you, but I get a fair amount of legit mail (besides lists) which is
bcc'd (especially when acting in the role of Postmaster).

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395