Re: echo vs. cat

1997-10-02 07:57:45
        Author:        "J. Daniel Smith"
<J(_dot_)Daniel(_dot_)Smith(_at_)WriteMe(_dot_)com>

I tend to go with the "echo" scheme, in spite of editing difficulties:
* don't have dependency on an external file - it's all in my
.procmailrc file

* easier to use variables I set in procmail - $SUBJECT, $SENDER, etc.

These are the exact reasons I use.

Nothing worse than sending a blank autoreply because the filename was wrong,
etc etc.

I'm working on an auto-responder for personal messages which will tell them
what folder their message ended up in, local time on my machine, etc.  Being
able to use env. variables is really nice.

TjL