Re: Spamford's back on line

1997-10-07 13:41:09
On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:19:07 -0500, "Matthew G. Saroff
(Do not Reply to this Address)" <saroff(_at_)vs(_dot_)lmco(_dot_)com> wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Perhaps you should set Reply-To then?

From: 79110800(_at_)compuserve(_dot_)com

From: eight digits(_at_)anywhere == spam, 99% certain.

 $ host 153.36.120.50
 Name: 1Cust50.tnt19.atl2.da.uu.net
 Address: 153.36.120.50
 Aliases:

This one is actually one of the lines I trimmed from the recipe I
posted originally -- I refuse all mail that has gone via these UUnet
dialups, but it occasionally catches legit mail. (I don't mind, it
goes to the spam tank and gets a hefty complaint when I have the time
to look at it if it's spam.)

 netsource.com(2cust94.max2.orlando.fl.ms.uu.net[145.36.156.24]) by
 nethost(_at_)webmaster(_dot_)com)[156.23.124.125])(1Cust107.max4.miami.fl.ms.uu.net[154.24.123.105])

Fake from: host which actually resolves to uu.net, earthlink, or PSI.
Goner. (This one is actually forged, too; see below. Why would it go
from one dial-in to another, anyhow? Crazy, those spammers.)

1997 15:06:25 -0600 (EST)

This is all you need to filter on. Older versions of the Stealth
mailer contains this erroneous time zone specification in a forged
one will be forged, too. (And this has been beaten to death on various
spam lists.)