Re: getting rid of all but certain headers

1997-10-08 00:04:19
On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

I'm a little tired of some of the gross excesses I'm seeing in headers, some
X-Headers, some non-X-headers that should be X-Headers.

Is there a way to have procmail/formail strip all but a certain set of
headers that I would define somewhere?

Yes there are places where this shouldn't be done, etc etc etc etc.  I
realize all of that.

I'm still curious how I would do it if I were to do it.

Rough day?  :-)

From `man formail`:

     To remove all fields except  From:  and  Subject:  from  the
     header:
          formail -k -X From: -X Subject:

One would assume that you could add some headers to this.  :)

--
Cocaine is nature's way of telling you you have too much money.