perl5.4.3 and procmail

1997-10-08 13:50:44

Hello,I am new to using procmail and perl5.4.3, so maybe there is
something I'm missing, but I was wondering whether anyone has gotten
these to work together.

When I call up a perl script, interpreted by perl5.4.3, within my
.procmailrc file, I get a line that says something like

procmail error (1) executing [my perl script]

However, within my perl script

#!/udir/jackchen/bin/perl
open (OUTFILE,">> /udir/jackchen/bin/test.out") || exit 99;
print OUTFILE "this is a test";
close(OUTFILE);

if I change the first line to
#!/usr/local/bin/perl,
perl 4.36 or
/wrl/alpha/bin/perl, perl5.1, things work fine.
It isn't a problem with my path or bin directory because when I do
cp /usr/local/bin/perl /udir/jackchen/bin/perl,
again things run fine.
Anyone had any experience with this?

Jack