Looking for documentation

1997-10-10 07:16:32

Hi all,

I am running procmail v3.11pre4 on a Solaris 2.5.1 system (with sendmail
8.8.5)
I am trying to set up procmail so it will filter the same userid on
multiple virtual hosts.

For example, my sendmail is set up to get mail for virtual domains a.com,
b.com and c.com, and each one needs a sales userid (sales(_at_)a(_dot_)com,
sales(_at_)b(_dot_)com, sales(_at_)c(_dot_)dom) which need to go to three
different people.

I know there is a way to do this using procmail, but I can't find anything
in the docs to tell me how.  I have read thru the faq, the man pages and
the mail filtering faq, but they all talk about setting up procmailrc in a
users home directory.  In this case, there is no user (the sales id is an
aliase, not a real user).

Does anyone have any info on how to set this up, or can point me to any
documentation.  I am NOT a sendmail guru, so if I need to make changes to
sendmail, I'd appreciate any documentation on that too.

Thanks muchly!

Sheryl Chapin
CommTel Internet
207.377.3508