Re: What is the WHOTO var?

1997-10-13 17:11:30
david hunt <dnhunt(_at_)rain(_dot_)org> writes:
I set up procmail to start by outputing the results of the 'env'
command to the logfile and found a variable that puzzles me. Does
anyone know what this is? And is it done by procmail or imported into
the environment from another process?

WHOTO=friend(_at_)public(_dot_)com|everyone(_at_)your(_dot_)net|nobody(_at_)nowhere(_dot_)mil

I take it the value shown above is purely fictious, though correct in
form.  Assuming so, it sounds like it's supposed to be the list of
envelope recipients, in which case it's arguably letting you have
information that you shouldn't have.  I would say that it's a
completely local extension to either sendmail, qmail, procmail, or
something else.  Definately something that only your local sysadmins
would know about.

Philip Guenther