Re: User Interface into Procmail...

1997-10-14 09:28:36
| Tue 97-10-14 Marc Fournier <marc(_dot_)fournier(_at_)acadiau(_dot_)ca>
list.procmail

| I'm just curious, but has anyone come up with a user interface into
| procmail, for setting up and maintaining their .procmailrc's?

There is this...

       "TDG - The Dot file generator" ...cool site according to Linux Journal.
        http://www.imada.ou.dk/~blackie/dotfile/

And I will soon start wring Emacs minor mode for Procmail handling.
Does anybody have any requirements fro the upcoming Emacs mode?
Right now I have thought about

- Providing font-lock fontifying (colors)
- Providing code placement (I have already written TAB minor mode,
  but procmail-mode will integrate it.)
- Providing "linting" and "code check" [please give me specififations
  for this!] Alan had Perl lint did he? I'll try to integrate it if
  that's feasible.
- Flag alignment via function call. (You can define the desired flag order,
  and function sweeps the buffer and corrects flag order)
- Context sensitive help. Eg. when you're over flag, brief "tool-tip"
  is displayed.
- Procmail log browsing mode: When you're looking at the LOG, hitting
  RETURN tries to find the code place in your .procmailrc or
  includerc. [Finding right spot may be hard, but let's see...]

Please give suggestions what would you want more!
I'm just finishing new general URL jump package, but after that
I try to find time for procmail-mode. Is there lot of Emacs users
in this mailing list?

jari