make install problem

1997-10-19 10:08:53

Maybe this is a simple unix question but ...

I got a "make install" problem when installing procmail:

-------
Whoeaaa!  There's something fishy going on here.
You have a look and see if you detect anything uncanny:
gcc -O4 _autotst.c -o _autotst -s
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec cpp: No such file or directory
::::
cc -O4 _autotst.c -o _autotst -s
cc: installation problem, cannot exec cpp: No such file or directory
::::
gcc -O4 _autotst.c -o _autotst -s
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec cpp: No such file or directory
::::
I suggest you take a look at the definition of CFLAGS* and CC
in the Makefile before you try make again.
make: *** [init] Error 1

I tried to find references to change CFLAGS options for the platform I
am using (SunOS), and tried to use 'cc' or 'gcc' .. but all failed.  I
checked into my "Inside UNIX" book (a huge one ;-) and didn't find any
clue.  Wondering could anyone offer a hint?

Thanks in advance!

Zhiliang