Mastering Regular Expressions

1997-10-25 07:13:47
Jason Marshall wrote:
Speaking of learning, does anyone have the O'Reilly regexp book?  Is it
worth buying?  I can't find it locally, so will probably buy it over the
phone, soon.

It is an excellent book, and well worth buying (actually I blagged
a review copy, but there you go).  I would say you are well-nigh
guaranteed to learn things about regexps that you didn't know, no
matter how well-up on them you are.  Procmail's regexps are supposed
to be compatible with egrep's, are they not?  Egrep and friends
get quite a bit of in-depth coverage (not as much as Perl, though).