duplicate message-id filter isn't working for me (procmail 3.11pre7)

1997-10-27 06:39:08

(Please excuse me addressing a query to a mailing list to which I don't
subscribe - I'd appreciate a copy of any reply.)

I have in my recipes the one given in procmailex:

      :0 Wh: msgid.lock
      | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

but it doesn't appear to be actually suppressing any duplicate copies.
The message-ids of the duplicates that I receive are definitely the same.
In my ~/mail/ subdirectory there is a file called msgid.cache, and it
appears to contain meaningful message-ids; it gets updated when mail
comes in, and if I grep it for the message id of a message that has
recently arrived, I can see the message id in there.

I'm executing procmail from my .forward file, and AFAICS all of the
necessary software has been installed (in /usr/local/bin).

I'm now somewhat stuck, and I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to go
about troubleshooting this.

all the best