Re: duplicate message-id filter isn't working for me (procmail 3.11pre7)

1997-10-28 04:14:30
On 28 Oct 1997 12:29:49 +0200, <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com> wrote:
I didn't quite follow this LOCKFILE usage. Can't it be placed to
the beginning of receipe. Like this? (Never mind that H is useless here9
        :0H : $LOCKFILE

LOCKFILE, like LOG and a host of other variables, is special to
Procmail. It is used to establish a regional lock over a number of
recipes (or a global one, when the region is your entire .procmailrc).
$LOCKFILE does, in fact, expand to the value of the lock file used,
but the usage you propose is counter-productive at best. (Procmail,
luckily, detects what is happening and reports "deadlock attempted" in
the log file.)

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>