RE: Modifying message body via procmail

1997-10-28 16:10:19
On Monday, October 27, 1997 10:11, David W. Tamkin
[SMTP:dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com] wrote:

If you filter only the head and replace it with all of that,
you'll end up with two copies of the original body when
procmail reattaches it.
  That's where I was getting lost.  I wasn't aware that
procmail reattached the two pieces automatically, and thought
I had to program it.

  :0hfw # did you also want D here?
  No.  I intend to use the To:/Cc:/Bcc: entry in real life.  But
while I'm testing, I want to be able to send test messages to
myself, and not have "real" messages touched until I'm sure the
filter works.

  * ^Subject:.*//SYSTEST
  | cat; echo "I: have inserted this line into the message." ; echo
""

  Thank you very much.  One question just occurred to me.  Will
a message with 1 (or more) attachment(s) be handled properly ?

 Walter Dnes
 <waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>