Re: Oops: False Positive on Comments: Authenticated ...

1997-10-28 22:26:49
Recipe:

:0
* ^Comments:.*authenticated\ sender\ is
/dev/null

This recipe should catch everything with either a "Comments: Authenticated
sender..." or "X-PMFLAGS" header (the first condition), that was not
mailed by Pegasus (the second condition) or forwarded by Pegasus (the
third condition--Pegasus evidently does *not* add the X-mailer header if
you use it to forward a message, and my last false positive was on
something that was forwarded to me by a friend who uses Pegasus).

If you really want to, of course, you can replace the { ... } section with
/dev/null; personally, I'd recommend that you set the SPAMFOLDER to some
suitable variable so you can still read false positives.

# Not sent with Pegasus Mail; "Comments" or "X-PMFLAGS" line forged
:0
* ^()\/(Comments.*Authenticated sender|X-PMFLAGS)
  EXITCODE=77
  LOG="spamkill: Sender forged $MATCH line
"

  :0:
  $SPAMFOLDER
korthmat(_at_)cps(_dot_)msu(_dot_)edu   http://www.cps.msu.edu/~korthmat
***  People who send me UCE/UBE will be crucified.  ***
"That's SULTAN Vile Betrayer to you!"