Program hangs in .procmail: what to do?

1997-10-31 11:08:18

        Hi,

        I have a deadlock on in my .procmailrc and I don't know what to
        do. Thank god I have verbose and backups on all the time so I won't
        lose any messages right now. My prcomail has hung and log says:

procmail: Executing "echo $YYMMDD > $YYMMDD_FILE"
procmail: [22600] Fri Oct 31 03:19:25 1997
procmail: Assigning "dummy="
procmail: Locking "/users/jaalto/.yymmdd.lock"
procmail: Executing "/users/jaalto/bin/cron.pls"

        The code that run the cron.pls ( Perl script), has "w" flag and
        explicit loackfile, so now procmail is waiting forever for
        the program to terminate. And it's not going to terminate...

        We have hundread servers down here and all just left to spend their
        weekends and I have no idea on which server the code is executing.
        I could do a rsh and grep all processes from all servers to find
        out the hanging process, but does someone know an easier way
        to find out where the programs are executed?

        jari