Re: Procmail efficency? How do I make my .procmailrc more efficient?

1997-11-12 21:53:03
I realized after I posted this, that I hadn't been very clear..

I'd like to have messages that have been sent to two mailing lists I'm on I
want  a copy put into EACH mailing list folder...

Scott Anguish wrote:
Specifically, I'm in a quandry about creating complex regex's or individual
recipies for each item..

Right now I'm using this

:0:
*

^TO\/(stepwise-talk-request|rhapsody-nda-request|rhapsody-nda|rhapsody-ui|webobjects|spamtools|rhapsody-dev|modperl|stepwise-talk|rhapsody-talk|next-prog|eof|dilbert_nextmail|omniweb-l|procmail|zsh-users|zsh-announce)
{ FOLDER=`echo $MATCH | tr 'A-Z' 'a-z'`
:0
|appnmail $MAILING_LIST_DIRECTORY/$FOLDER
}

to deal with the majority of the mailing lists I have to file

The problem here is that email sent to multiple lists all wind up in the
first folder..

If I seperates out each test I could handle it much better, making sure
each copy gets put into its place...

but will it be significantly slower?

I've already dropped all the BODY searches in my spam filters due to the
slowness on large emails (maybe I should just test for size before testing
bodies?)