Re: looking for a list serv app

1997-12-04 13:58:46
Hallo, I have a similar problem.

Your answer was:

"The SmartList mailinglist package has been built on top of the procmail
mail processing package.  In order to install it you'll need the source
of the procmail package as well."

On my (virtual) site I'm only a normal user. From my understanding, I would
have to recompile procmail with this add-on rather than using the one installed
in /usr/local/bin.

Looks like overkill. With lists around 200 people (applys to me too, at least
I'd like to do that), there should be something alternative. Maybe you can
point me to some perl thing, though this would be offtopic.

And as my mailing lists are currently served elsewhere: How would you suggest
a "bridge" between the old and new list. Subscribing one mailinglist to the
other will forever bounce, would it?

        Greetings, Kay Hayen