Re: Limiting Number of Message in INBOX

1997-12-08 01:16:16
Fri 97-12-05 Liston Bias <bias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> list.procmail
| I already know how the backup works to preserve last x messages in a
| directory called messages, but I am looking to limit the INBOX to 50
| messages.  Everything beyond this would be purge with FIFO (First In,
| First Out) rules.  Can someone tell me how?

I found one gawk code from the procmail archive that expires standard
Unix mboxes. I haven't used it, but it in the pm-tips.txt page now.
See if you can use it.

Does anyone have more up to date expire program, Like on written
with perl? The gawk solution is from 1994 or something.

jari