Re: New mailbox locking problem.

1997-12-16 09:49:36
david hunt <dh(_at_)west(_dot_)net> writes:
Last night I began having trouble with locking. I removed my .procmail and
replaced it with an ultra-plain version to see if the locking problem went
away. No luck. I suspect something is amiss outside of my control. I would
like someone to have a look at this and let me know what to bring up with
my sysadmin? I have already spoken to him once, but know help yet.

What are the permissions on /usr/mail, and is procmail setuid or setgid
anything?

procmail v3.10 1994/10/31 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg

You should probably upgrade to 3.11pre7.  3.10 has several nasty bugs,
and in pre7 Stephen finally fixed the "fallback to kernel locking with
unwritable mailspool" problem.

Philip Guenther