Re: Using procmail with sendmail.cf

1997-12-16 10:34:30
Deep Medhi <dmedhi(_at_)aazoli(_dot_)cstp(_dot_)umkc(_dot_)edu> writes:
Well, I read the procmail manual that says that you can set up filtering
with sendmail.cf. However, I am not very familiar with the details of the
ruleset. I quoted a part of the man page below: I am not sure what
@some.where,  @some.where.procmail$2 and the rest mean, or what do I set
up here?

You probably don't need those rules.  If procmail is the local delivery
agent, then you can simply put recipes in /etc/procmailrc and procmail
will automatically use them when delivering to users, with the proviso
that addresses that forward to off-campus aren't filtered.  The
sendmail.cf modification is only necessary if the proviso is a problem,
in some firewalls setups, and other special cases.

Philip Guenther