Re: count of words in big letters?

1997-12-17 11:57:26
On 17 Dec 1997 jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com wrote:

   I'm trying to count big letter words in the message body, but
   I'm unable to contruct the score recipe right. Say, that
   I tolerate 3 big letter words, and if there is more, then
   I consider it UBE. The regexp should ignore some words like:
   SMTP, AM, IP, base64-decoded-lines.

I've found that often people use capital letters more than three times,
so I started filtering by lines with no lowercase.  It's just a simple
recipe, but works quite well.  From junkfilter:

# if there is no lowercase in too much of the message...
:0BD
* -5^0
* 1^1 ![a-z]
{ SPAMMER="used too much capitalization" }

Of course, the initial 5 lines of all-caps can be modified to whatever
you feel is appropriate.

HTH.

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com                "You uudecode it."