Re: Lock Failure on Delivered Mail

1997-12-18 23:12:59
ftilley(_at_)goodnet(_dot_)com (Felix Tilley) writes:
My procmail (v 3.10) log file usually contains the following error message
for incoming mail that was *successfully* delivered to my mailbox.
procmail: Lock failure on "/usr/mail/ftilley.lock"
Any info on why this lock failure occurs is appreciated.  I suspect that
the procmail program that runs on smtp.goodnet.com does not have the
necessary write permissions to create a lock file in directory:

usr/mail/ on goodguy.goodnet.com

Either smtp.goodnet.com should have "root privileges" to /usr/mail on
goodguy.goodnet.com, or it (/usr/mail) needs to be world writable.

Philip Guenther