Juno/hotmail/prodigy filtering

1997-12-31 20:00:58

Rather than filter these services out as pure spam, I decided to make them
special-case filters - if the Message-ID doesn't contain the proper domain,
then the message is dumped as a spam:

This template is duplicated and modified as appropriate for each of the
individual domains:

# If the message appears to be FROM a Juno account, yet the Message-ID does
# not contain juno.com, it is forged (though, it might be someone sending
# a message as if from their juno account - but I don't much care).

:0
* ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)juno\(_dot_)com
* ! ^Message-ID:.*juno\.com
{
        LOG="SPAM: forged juno$TWITVER"

        :0:
        |gzip -9fc>>$MAILDIR/twits.gz
}

I ran a bunch of my mail through this and it seems to catch
juno/hotmail/prodigy spam - leaving alone the handful of LEGIT messages I
have from users of these services.

Any recommendations for improvements?  How about sample headers from other
mail services similar to juno and hotmail?

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395