Re: :0 :0: 0:

1998-01-02 22:41:58
At 08:11 PM 1/3/98 +0800, aoc wrote:

newbie question: can someone kindly
explain what the above 'symbols'
mean, and how they differ ?

':' at the beginning of a line marks the very beginning of a rule.
Following this LINE, are condition and delivery line(s).

The '0' following the initial colon is typical in post-v2.90 procmail
scripts - it used to be a number representing the number of conditions to
follow, as I recall, but has for quite some time (since mid 1993) been
simply '0' = "count 'em up and just do them".  Since condition lines start
with '*' it is fairly easy for the procmail parser to figure this out.

A ':' following this (or other recipe flags) indicates that there is a
lockfile for this recipe - either manually specified (the path follows the
second colon), or assumed (based upon the delivery line).

I know nothing of "0:" lines - looks bogus to me.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395