Re: Juno/hotmail/prodigy filtering

1998-01-13 17:03:54
David wrote:
Jari Aalto quoted W. Wesley Groleau from a post of Wesley's that I don't
remember:

| | :0
| | * ^From.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
| | * ! ^Received.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
| | * ! ^X-Loop: noloops_<personalized_unique_string>
| | $SPAMFOLDER
| |
| | :0
| | * ^Received.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
| | * ! ^From.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
| | * ! ^X-Loop: noloops_<personalized_unique_string>
| | $SPAMFOLDER

Whatever the goal there was, I'm sure that $FORGED_DOMAIN is supposed to
be a variable that needs substitution, not the static string
"<newline>FORGED<underscore>DOMAIN".  Therefore the ^From and ^Received
conditions need the "$" modifier:

    :0
    * ! ^X-Loop: noloops_<personalized_unique_string>
    {
     :0: # if you care about a lockfile on $SPAMFOLDER
     * $ ^From.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
     * $ ! ^Received.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
     $SPAMFOLDER

     :0:
     * $ ^Received.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
     * $ ! ^From.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
     $SPAMFOLDER
    }

And if FORGED_DOMAIN is a list of domains, such as
((aol|juno|(hot|rocket)mail).\com|usa\.net) then you probably want to
do a match. (You may also want to check Reply-To: headers, and maybe
To: and Cc: as well, when you test From headers.) I get a few hits on
the first ordering below. I haven't ever had a hit on the second. Maybe
in time....

    :0
    * ! ^X-Loop: noloops_<personalized_unique_string>
    {
     :0: # if you care about a lockfile on $SPAMFOLDER
     * $ ^From.*\/$FORGED_DOMAIN
     * $ ! ^Received.*$\MATCH
     $SPAMFOLDER

     :0:
     * $ ^Received.*\/$FORGED_DOMAIN
     * $ ! ^From.*$\MATCH
     $SPAMFOLDER

Rik Kabel          Old enough to be an adult
rik(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com