Re: Juno/hotmail/prodigy filtering

1998-01-02 06:42:14
Any recommendations for improvements?  How about sample headers from other
mail services similar to juno and hotmail?

I won't guarantee this is an _improvement_ but it is different and may
give you an idea or two:

# THE NOBOUNCE FILE
#    This is a file of addresses of friends and others I
#    want to get mail from, even if they are at spam haven
#    domains/systems.
:0
* ? fgrep -i -f nobounce
{
 :0fhw
 |$MAILDIR/Prioritize_Subject   # adds a priority tag to the subject line

 :0
 $DEFAULT
}

# Stop loops right here - save them long enough to know they happened
:0
loops

# forgeries (based on an idea by RFG)

FORGED_DOMAIN = compuserve.com
INCLUDERC     = forgery.rc

FORGED_DOMAIN = hotmail.com
INCLUDERC     = forgery.rc

FORGED_DOMAIN = aol.com
INCLUDERC     = forgery.rc

FORGED_DOMAIN = juno.com
INCLUDERC     = forgery.rc

FORGED_DOMAIN = earthlink
INCLUDERC     = forgery.rc

FORGED_DOMAIN = rocketmail
INCLUDERC     = forgery.rc

FORGED_DOMAIN = netcom.com
INCLUDERC     = forgery.rc
# *** forgery.rc contains:
:0
* ^From.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
* ! ^Received.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
* ! ^X-Loop: noloops_<personalized_unique_string>
$SPAMFOLDER

:0
* ^Received.*$FORGED_DOMAIN
* ! ^From.*$FORGED_DOMAIN