Re: Juno/hotmail/prodigy filtering

1998-01-03 16:21:37
As a follow up to this thread....

here are some recipies I use for spam whacking, the first of
which is an "aol" cleaner. This cleaner checks for a valid aol login and
also if it came though aol. Any that get past this
test get forwarded to abuse(_at_)aol(_dot_)com(_dot_)

Comments on any of these are always welcome :-)

I like the proposed domain matchers, I will have to try them out
on my mail to see if they whack anything sensitive. I currently
have an 80% hit rate on spam, and if this domain matching stuff
works for me I think it might hit 90%. Of course, I have spent more
time lately trying to nuke spam than it would have taken me to
just hit that delete key :-)

# "from" aol,
# but never recieved by them
# or the login is invalid (3-10 chars/num, no leading numeric)
:0
* ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)aol\(_dot_)com
* ((! ^Received:.*\.)|(! ^From:.*[<
][a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9]?[
a-zA-Z0-9]?[a-zA-Z0-9]?[a-zA-Z0-9]?[a-zA-Z0-9]?[a-zA-Z0-9]?[a-zA-Z0-9]?@))aol\.c
om
./lists/spam

:0 H
* (emailer platinum|E-Broadcaster|authenticated sender)
./lists/spam

That "authenticated sender" seems to be a very good indicator
of spam.

# invalid spamming and unreal domains, public.com and 12341.com
:0
* ^(From|TO):.*@(public|[0-9]+)\.com
{ ISSPAM=YES }