Re: dumping of messages...

1998-01-08 14:06:39

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, david hunt wrote:

I have one perverse idea that may handle the problem when it occurs. I say
perverse, because it calls procmail recursively. Call formail to split the
mail when headerfields are contained in the body, calling procmail again
as the output-program of formail.

# If it looks like more than one mail, send to formail for splitting, then
# send back to procmail for sorting again.
:0
* B ?? ^From( )[-_+(_dot_)(_at_)a-z0-9]+(  )(Sun|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat)
* B ?? ^From:
* B ?? ^TO()
* ! ^X-Loop: kwoody(_at_)citytel(_dot_)net
| formail +0 -A"X-Loop: kwoody(_at_)citytel(_dot_)net" -m4s procmail

Thanks, but thats getting a little beyond of what I know of procmail. I
spent a few days getting it setup and running and thats about all Ive
done with it.

I'll archive it and keep it for future use. It has not happened again so
I'm hoping it was an isolated case. There is something I saw in the
FreeBSD mailing list archives that I'm going to try.

Again, thanks for the reply.
Keith