Re: help with autoresponder attachment test

1998-01-27 05:43:02
Tue 98-01-27 Geoffrey Rehn <rehn(_at_)cleo(_dot_)murdoch(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au>
list.procmail
| Hello all.
|
| I'm new to this list and procmail itself; searching of the archives, the
| various man pages and resources hasn't helped me as yet.

Then you have missed some pages. Start from Era's and move to tips page:

            http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html
            ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/pm-tips.html

The latter is also available from the file server; see X-info field.

| if email does indeed have an attchment; if it does, notify the sender of the
| receipt of the attachment  but if not, notify them that an attachment was
| not received.

You simply have to check for MIME headers, I'd assume that "multipart"
word match would suffice in your case:

:0
* multipart
{
    # Homework, this had attachement, reply with "ok"

}
:0 E
{
    # Homework, this had no attachement, reply with "nok"
}

I left something for you too. Didn't want to spoil all the fun :-)

Cheers!
jari