Re: Problem with From Headers

1998-02-03 13:00:35
On Feb. 02 98, 03:58 PST, "Jeffrey S. Gilton" <jeffg(_at_)castlec(_dot_)com>
wrote:

As far as I can tell, the main problem is when email comes very
quickly for the same person.  It seems like there is a race condition
that isn't being handled properly by lock files.

I've been having the same problem lately too. I've even had messages
overwriting each other and have been losing mail.

It happens when a whole lot of messages arrive for the same person
all at the same time (like when I bring up my PPP connection and
all the queued UUCP messages get transferred).

It's been a bitch trying to examine the logfile (I have VERBOSE
on), because procmail doesn't put the pid in front of every statement
it inserts. This makes it *very* difficult to determine which
process did what.

For the moment, I've switched to getting my mail delivered to MH
mailboxes, but this isn't a very good solution.

I'm running on NeXTSTEP 3.3p1, no NFS mounted spool, the dot locking
is happening (at least according to my logs and testing), and the
version of procmail is 3.11pre7.

---
Chris Osborn                            FozzTexx Enterprises
707 226 7629 - Voice                    2136 Coronado Ave.
707 253 3063 - Fax                      Napa, CA 94559
<fozztexx(_at_)fozztexx(_dot_)com>           <http://www.fozztexx.com/>