Re: flow control in /etc/procmailrc

1998-02-13 10:53:43

At this point I have no intention of decoding the attachments.

What I want to do is for Mime (and also uuencode) messages is
to not run certain other filters.  E.g. my shout filter looks
for lines that are all in upper case.  A mime file of a doc that
has a large block of whitespace can have large blocks of solid
A's.

One of hte other filters looked for XXX (as in XXX rated porn.)
This is a not uncommon string in mime.  So I adjusted the filter
so that it would only count the first XXX.

One way to do it would be to add a huge negative score to the
contents mime header.  But this still means that procmail has to
pattern match megabytes of alphbet soup to no advantage.

Sherwood Botsford       | email
avatar(_at_)vega(_dot_)math(_dot_)ualberta(_dot_)ca
Sorcerers Apprentice    | Office CAB 642B
System Administrator    | Tel: 403 492 5728
Trouble shooter         | Fax: 403 492 6826