Re: Variable expansion question

1998-02-13 16:58:15
David W. Tamkin wrote:

Walter Dnes asked,

|   The two declarations are (I think<g>)...
| MYISP="(interlog\.com|interlog\.net)"
| MYLISTS="(procmail|risks@)"

I still think you should put the at-sign outside the
parentheses for the second one.
  I have other lists where the topic isn't immediately before
the @.  E.g. a political party (let's call it XYZ) which has
a mailing list addressed in the form "XYZ-online(_at_)list(_dot_)server".
I'll probably generalize the filter to look for MYLISTS
anywhere in the header, so people can key in on "Sender:"
or "Resent-Sender:" or whatever.  Each mailing list is
different.

In fact, you ought to put "interlog\." outside them
in the first variable.
  A good idea here.
  MYISP="interlog\.(com|net)"
  I was going to get lazy with MYISP="interlog\.", but
someone actually stumbled across a Korean outfit called
interlog.co.kr, who aren't at all related to the one here
in Canada.

--
Walter Dnes (Toronto)
<waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>