Re: Spam from (Forged) Numeric Accounts

1998-02-17 09:19:48
On Mon, Feb 16, 1998 at 09:42:13PM -0700, Felix Tilley wrote:

Will this work:

* ^From:.*[0-9]+@

Or will this delete email unintentionally?  I am quite willing to delete
all email that contains all-numerics in the account name.  But I don't want
to do something stupid.

    AOL doesn't currently have any users with only numbers in their
username, or even beginning with numbers.  However, that could always
change.  In addition, there are some systems out there that validly
use all numerics for usernames, so I'd *strongly* encourage you to
put some exceptions into your recipe to allow mail from those systems
through.

--
Brad Knowles                                _                       _
brad(_at_)colltech(_dot_)com                          |_| C o l l e c t i v e