Re: Spam from (Forged) Numeric Accounts

1998-02-18 11:30:05
Thanks.

----------
From: Professional Software Engineering
<PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org>
To: Roger A. Prata <rprata(_at_)amfam(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: Spam from (Forged) Numeric Accounts
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 1998 11:55 AM

At 10:52 AM 2/18/98 -0600, Roger A. Prata spoke:
How can I unsubscribe from this list?  I have tried Majordomo, listserv,
listproc, etc..

nothing is working...
At 10:52 AM 2/18/98 -0600, Roger A. Prata spoke:
How can I unsubscribe from this list?  I have tried Majordomo, listserv,
listproc, etc..

nothing is working...

First, one would post the plea for assistance under a proper subject
heading, instead of replying to any old message to the list.

Second, try sending UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of a message to:
      procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

Basically, the exact same thing you did to get ON the list, but with "UN"
in front of the word "SUBSCRIBE".

I would advise that you save the "Save this message" type message you get
after subscribing to a mailing list.  There's a bunch 'o information in
there.

---
 Please DO NOT carbon me on list replies.  I'll get my copy from the
list.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395