Permissions

1998-02-26 10:21:06
I've got procmail 3.11pre7 installed as the mailing agent on my FreeBSD 2.2.5
machine here at work and also use Elm v2.4 as my reader.

Now here's the rub: When procmail creates a new file for elm to read (yes,
elm uses flat files for its mail folders), it gives it -rw------- permissions
with root and root as the owner and group of the files respectively.

To enable elm to read the files, I have to go in and either change the
permissions,
or change the owner to me.  Is there a way to set up procmail to use the $USER
variable as the owner of the file(s)?  (And yes, I have dug through the man
pages)

This is a beta test for our whole system and if it works correctly (I can
wrangle
it so there are few bugs) it will be implemented on a system wide basis, not
just
on my box.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan
--
|     Bryan Albright     |    bryana(_at_)uswest(_dot_)net     |