Re: procnews?

1998-03-08 18:35:33
Is there anything like procmail for USENET?  Something like could trn a little
more capability than it's KILL file setup?

I don't know of anything on the client end.  On the server side, it's
possible to use procmail to do pattern matching on incoming messages
for a given site.

I use procmail on my incoming newsfeed to scan for URLs in certain
newsgroups -- if there's a match, I repost the message to an internal
newsgroup.

I haven't messed with news in a LONG time (about 2 years), so I'm
a bit rusty.  Doing it with inn with this entry in the newsfeeds
file:

   # news clipping
   pinnclip\
   :*,!mallorn.*\
   :Tp\
   :/usr/local/bin/procmail -m /usr/spool/news/procmailrc.news

Chris