Re: procnews?

1998-03-09 12:09:19
On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 14:19:03 -0800,
"D.A. Harris" <rodmur(_at_)ecst(_dot_)csuchico(_dot_)edu> said:

D> Is there anything like procmail for USENET?  Something like could trn a
D> little more capability than it's KILL file setup?

   I have a small Perl script called "pgnews" which opens a connection to
   an NNTP server, gets unread news articles in groups of your choice, and
   stores them in SMTP-formatted mail files.  You could then run procmail
   on the mailbox.

   The script is about 9,000 bytes, making it a bit too long to post.
   If any kind soul (Jari?) is willing to provide FTP/Web access to this
   script, please let me know.

   Thanks.

--
Karl Vogel
ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, USA

Hah.  He's obviously spent all his clue money on beer.  --Chris Jercha