Re: procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored

1998-03-12 09:21:55
Ralph SOBEK <sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr> writes:
      Ever since I changed to local lock files, I repeatedly get the:

      procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored

message in my log file.  For top-level recipes do local lock files
have to be unique?  For nested recipes should local lock files be
placed 1) only at the top-level, 2) only in the nested recipes, or 3)
both?  I would think (2) since, in this case, no files are associated
with the top-level recipe.

(2) is correct.  The warning message you are receiving is generated
when procmail encounters a recipe without the 'c' flag but with a
locallockfile whose action is a nested block.  So, you've done (1) or
(3) at least once in your .procmailrc.

Philip Guenther