Re: procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored

1998-03-14 14:22:51
|Thu 98-03-12 Ralph SOBEK <sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr> list.procmail
|
|       procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
|
| message in my log file.  For top-level recipes do local lock files
| have to be unique?

No.

| For nested recipes should local lock files be
| placed 1) only at the top-level, 2) only in the nested recipes, or 3)
| both?  I would think (2) since, in this case, no files are associated
| with the top-level recipe.

Are you haveing the syndrome that Philip G. describes in
pm-tips.txt? (See X-info). Jari.

    6.10 Local lockfile usage

        Lockfiles are only needed when procmail is doing something that
        should be serialized, i.e., when only one process at a time should
        be doing it
        [phil] Watch this too. A nesting block that does not launch
        a clone cannot take a local lockfile on the recipe that starts the
        braces. A nesting block that does launch a clone can. (see
        the error)

            :0: file.lock
            {
                #  error: "procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored"
                #  - This lock file will be ignored
                #  - If the recipes inside the braces try to use file.lck
                #    as  a lockfile, then you'll have a deadlock situation.
                :0:
                /tmp/tmp.mbx
            }
[..zap..]