Re: attachments

1998-03-30 03:25:13
|Sun 98-03-29 Kaare Rasmussen <kar(_at_)webline(_dot_)dk> list.procmail
| I've been asked to provide a solution like this:
|
| All attached files should go to a separate directory, and only a link to
| the files remain in the email. Has anybody tried this before? If I
| should do it, it would be in perl, as I suppose there are tools for
| this, but I hope someone has made something like it.

Now there is. I bite the bullet and made couple of new procmail
modules to handle saving and decoding incoming MIME file attachements.
Note: they only handle messages, where there is ONE file attached.

<IMO>

    If you need anything more complex than that, check Perl CPAM for MIME
    library and process the messages with it.

    Procmail is NOT the tool to handle mime. I would also recommend
    getting better Mail Agent if you can't view your MIME attachements.

</IMO>

Get the new update from

    To:  <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com>
    Subject: send pm-code.shar

And see two new modules

    pm-jamime-decode.rc -- decode MIME body contents; quoted-printable, base64
    pm-jamime-save.rc -- save message's MIME attachement (one file) to a file

jari