Re: SPAM list

1998-03-30 03:18:20
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 22:13:57 +0000 (GMT), Jason <grim(_at_)iron-fist(_dot_)net>
wrote:
What I am asking here though, is, is there anyone who keeps a
comprehensive list of spammers, that gets updated consistantly, so as to
stop the spam before one has to add it.

Ha ha. Good luck.
  Apart from the other references people posted, you might want to
have a look at NoCEm-E, aka NoCEm for E-mail. This is incidentally
implemented in Procmail. The only person currently issuing NoCEm-E
notices (to the best of my knowledge) is Dougal Campbell, who also has
a web page about the topic.
    <http://advicom.net/~dougal/antispam/nen-list/>
  The basic idea is good but it would require a lot more people to
post notices (basically individual Procmail recipes), and/or the
filter authors to focus more on spam patterns and less on blacklisting
throwaway addresses.
  Some additional pointers, to this as well as to lots of other
Procmail stuff, can be found at
    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>