Re: SPAM list

1998-03-25 08:37:31
What I am asking here though, is, is there anyone who keeps a
comprehensive list of spammers, that gets updated consistantly, so as to
stop the spam before one has to add it.

Panix.com maintains an excellent spam-catching recipe at:

  http://www.panix.com/rc.shared

I take this and run it through perl to produce my own local spam-handling
recipes.

Aol publishes their 'preferred mail' list, which is easy to turn into a
procmail filter.  You can find that at:

  http://www.idot.aol.com/preferredmail

And finally, there is another set of filters based on the panix filter at:

  http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam/tag.html

Enjoy!

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars(_at_)bu(_dot_)edu * (617)353-8277
Office of Information Technology, Boston University