SPAM list

1998-03-24 20:29:02
Just a quick note, may be warrented or not, bbut it seems for each
additional mailing list I belong to (this one as well as sendmail and
bugtraq and a few others), I get more spam.

I have pretty much figured out how to set procmail up to scan from a list
(or I did in a test once) file of certain domains/hosts/users/whatever and
block those.
What I am asking here though, is, is there anyone who keeps a
comprehensive list of spammers, that gets updated consistantly, so as to
stop the spam before one has to add it.

And if not, what are the chances of say getting everyone on this list to
mail a list of all mail they block (assuming spam mail, not personal mail
u block) to one such address (am willing to provide one is needed), and
create a list that could be freely available to all via web, ftp or mail?

             \   O    O /
                        Jason Van Brecht
                        Erols Internet Tech Support
     oooO         Oooo  grim(_at_)iron-fist(_dot_)net
    (    )       (   )  http://www.iron-fist.net