Re: help: sendmail w/ procmail as LDA

1998-03-25 09:27:06
Michael Hall <mike(_at_)riverside(_dot_)org> writes:
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Philip Guenther wrote:
That said, I would rewrite the above as:

     FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
     define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS', LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS`'u)dnl
     MAILER(procmail)dnl

The second line adds the 'u' flag to whatever flags the local_procmail
feature sets.  A quick checks shows that the local_procmail feature sets
L_M_F to include SPhn9, so all you need to add is the 'u' (do you really
have login names that contain uppercase letters?).

 All looks good with the above recommendations other than the 'define's
are required to be before the 'FEATURE', according to the 'bat' book. I
guess I've always done it that way but maybe it works either way...

The define of LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS is very purposely put after the
local_procmail feature: the local_procmail feature resets L_M_F to the
value `SPfhn9', ignoring whatever it's value is before that.  If you
set L_M_F before the FEATURE(), nothing will change.  By putting the
define after the FEATURE(), we can either override the value it sets
or, as we do in the above, we can amend it.  What the bat book is
refering to is that if you want to change the value of L_M_F, you must
change it before you say MAILER(local), which is where it is used.  The
above snippet of mc file is not complete: it's missing an OSTYPE() call
above it and it's missing MAILER(local) and MAILER(smtp) below it.

Philip Guenther