Re: perl help, getting rid of

1998-04-01 10:20:00
|Tue 98-03-31 Michael Helm <helm(_at_)fionn(_dot_)es(_dot_)net> list.procmail
| >         o   Some MS product sends "UQ: "
|
| We should make a list or table of these language mappings.
| More & more different ones are leaking.  Having
| a table to grep against would be much more effective.  Perhaps
| one could also pick one's own poison that way, that is, one
| could translate "re" to "aw" or "boo" or whatever preferred.

The removing is based on simple regexp, so any new
things that appear can be configured easily to the module.

The removing applies to all words in the line and the algorithm
doe not know where the text is either at the beginning or at
the end of line. If word on the line matches, it is simply
removed.

| There's more evil junk than just "re: re- re^2" to deal with too.
| Here's a list of some other things I'm editing in Subject headers:
|
| trailing (fwd?) [fwd?] <fwd?> (what next? {fwd}?)

I added support for these.

| trailing -reply (must map to leading re:)
| Any other strange trailers?

-reply was already handled

| -subj, subj:, subj- usually leading, can mix with other leaders
|   (legacy quickmail?)

...and it supports these too now

|  Subject: Re: The "Re^2" problem

|  shouldn't map.  Neither should
|  Subject: Re: "The Re^2 problem"

Sorry can't be done. And very unlikely.
And you can see the original subject from

(You can also turn off saving old subject with)

    JA_SUBJECT_SAVE = "off"

| My preferences:

|      (must map to "stuff")

You can define

    JA_SUBJECT_KILL = "mailing-list-name"

| Had this subject (or similar) on the NTSEC list:
|  Subject: Re: [NTSEC] Re: [FWD:  [FWD:]]
| mapped to

Ah, That's easy. Just define

    JA_SUBJECT_KILL = "NTSEC"

All other words are killed by the default regexp.
The newest version of pm-jasubject.rc is now v1.24 (see X-info)

Here is pathological example how the rc file performs:

    Subject: Re: test

Ain't that pretty Ma' :/-0
jari