Re: perl help, getting rid of 'Re(2)'

1998-04-03 02:37:02
"MH" == Michael Helm <helm(_at_)fionn(_dot_)es(_dot_)net> writes:

MH> Ralph SOBEK writes:
clean = `echo "$subject" | ...

in order for the message to pass.  I have not checked if the awk
script needs to be changed or not.

MH> Watch out for ` in the subject, too.

Ooh!  That's true!  In fact all shell interpretable characters *may*
arrive in a subject!  Yikes!

In fact, $subject needs these special characters back-slashed, but
this has to be done in procmail *before* any shell might see
it. right?

        --Ralph

Dr. Ralph P. Sobek                Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
Ralph(_dot_)Sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr                       Addresses are
ordered by importance.
sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr                                        If all else
fails, try:
newsmaster(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr, postmaster(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr
sobek(_at_)diva(_dot_)eecs(_dot_)berkeley(_dot_)edu
Ph:(+33)[0]561558618 FAX:(+33)[0]561556258 http://www.irit.fr/SSI/~Ralph.Sobek/
The United States should not only support but instigate a total ban on anti-
personnel land mines.  Every 20 minutes land mines claim a new victim!