Re: Newbie ?? - Changing the Subject: line

1998-04-07 13:25:55
Kevin H. Ingle kingle(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com 4/7/98 8:28 AM
I'm using procmail to advance filter my email on the UNIX side, which I
then download using Eudora on my PC and filter it some more.  I'd like to
avoid /dev/nulling my email, instead I want to change the Subject: to
indicate that I think it's spam or whatever and then I'll filter it in
Eudora to a designated folder or Trash it.

Better idea: Don't change the subject, add a new header. Eudora can still
filter this new header. You can do this with an action line of:

| ${FORMAIL} -A"Headername: contents"

Make headername somthing like "Spam" and contents "probably" or somthing
like that. Or "Filtered" and "spam". Whatever. Eudora will look for the
header and filter based on it's contents.

--
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.